Skip to content
For Professionals

Refer a patient

cpd5Effective July 1, 2022 we are not accepting new pediatric patients for routine care who are 16 years of age or older. We are also graduating existing pediatric patients with routine care needs who are 16 years or older to either an internal UW clinic or an external clinic. We will continue to see patients with special needs until their 21st birthday.

To refer a patient to The Center for Pediatric Dentistry, please call 206-543-5800. A patient service specialist will guide you through the process to ensure that we have the necessary information to provide the appropriate consultation or treatment for your patient.

You can also download our referral form here and return it via FAX to 206-543-0063 or email*.

We are no longer accepting external referrals for endodontics, oral surgery, or temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD). Some specialty services may be available through the University of Washington:

Endodontics: For older patients who can tolerate endodontic treatment without sedation or general anesthesia, you may refer to the Endodontics Clinic at the UW School of Dentistry, fill out the Endodontic Referral form and FAX to 206-616-9786.

Oral Surgery: Patients over age 12 can be referred to the Northwest Center for Oral and Facial Surgery at the UW School of Dentistry, fill out the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Referral form and FAX to 206-616-7251.

TMD: Depending on your medical and dental insurance coverage you may have the option of pursuing care with the Dental Urgent Care Clinic at the UW School of Dentistry: 206-543-5850.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or concerns at* or 206-543-5800.

*Please consult our referral email policy.